Typically, an English teacher in Italy can earn between $1,000-$1,800 (€900-€1,600) per month. Those at private language institutes can expect an hourly rate between €15-€30 per hour. What qualifications do you need to teach English in Italy?
How much money do teachers make in Italy?
A starting salary for a primary school teacher in Italy is €22,394, where as an end-of-career salary for a teacher is €37,799. This compares badly with the equivalent EU average figures of €25,249 and €46,745, according to Repubblica report.
Are teachers well paid in Italy?
Average High School Teacher Salary in Italy
An experienced High School Teacher with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €30,000 based on 7 salaries.
Can you be a teacher in Italy?
In Italy a university degree in primary school education (Scienze della formazione primaria) is a requirement for obtaining teacher qualification at the primary and preprimary levels. The degree may be completed in five years and includes 600 hours of internship, beginning in the second year of the course.
Which countries pay the highest salaries for teaching abroad?
Which Countries Pay the Highest Salaries for Teaching Abroad?
- Saudi Arabia – $3,000-$4,000 per Month. …
- Kuwait – $2,600-$4,000 per Month. …
- Oman – $2,000-$3,500 per Month. …
- South Korea – $1,600-$2,650 per Month. …
- Taiwan – $2,000-$3,000 per Month. …
- China – $1,400-$2,200 per Month. …
- Hong Kong – $3,000-$6,500 per Month.
What is a good salary in Italy?
A person working in Italy typically earns around 3,650 EUR per month. Salaries range from 920 EUR (lowest average) to 16,300 EUR (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
What country pays teachers the most?
Cost of living index: 46.80
Only one country on the list pays its highest-paid teachers less than $25,000: the Slovak Republic, where $23,189 is the best that high school educators can ever expect to earn.
Can I teach English in Italy?
It’s possible to teach English in Italy in both public school classrooms and private language schools. Teaching English in Italy is competitive, so teachers are usually expected to have a TEFL certificate of a minimum of 100 hours. Previous teaching experience is often required.
What is the best job in Italy?
- Surgeons / Doctors. Salary Range: from 6,650 EUR to 21,200 EUR.
- Judges. Salary Range: from 5,590 EUR to 17,800 EUR. …
- Lawyers. Salary Range: from 4,520 EUR to 14,400 EUR. …
- Bank Managers. Salary Range: from 4,260 EUR to 13,600 EUR.
- Chief Executive Officers. …
- Chief Financial Officers. …
- Orthodontists. …
- College Professors.
How much do English teachers in Italy make?
How much do English teachers make in Italy? Typically, an English teacher in Italy can earn between $1,000-$1,800 (€900-€1,600) per month. Those at private language institutes can expect an hourly rate between €15-€30 per hour.
Do I need to speak Italian to teach English in Italy?
In the end, it’s nice to know Italian while living in Italy, and it’ll help you make the most of your experience, but it’s definitely not a must. A lot of English schools like it when their teachers don’t know Italian, so they won’t use that as a crutch when teaching, making the class truly an immersion experience.
Are Italian public schools good?
Education in Italy: Facts
Public school is high quality, equivalent or even higher than private schools. School is mandatory from ages six to 16. Mandatory schooling is divided into three levels: primary, lower secondary, and upper secondary.
What is the best country to teach English in?
The Best Countries To Teach English Abroad
- South Korea. South Korea has one of the largest English teaching markets in the world. …
- Japan. Japan has one of the longest traditions when it comes to hiring English teachers. …
- China. China’s English teaching market is also flourishing. …
- Thailand. …
- Czech Republic. …
- Saudi Arabia. …
Who is the highest paid teacher?
1. New York – $85,889 per year. Pros: New York is the top paying state for experienced teachers, with an average annual salary that tops $85,000 and a starting salary of $57, 845.
What kind of teachers get paid the most?
15 highest-paying teaching jobs
- Library technician.
- Special education teacher.
- Elementary school teacher.
- English as a second language teacher.
- Health educator.
- High school teacher.
- Guidance counselor.
- Learning and development coordinator.
Which country pays English teachers the most?
Top 9 Countries for paying the most money for EFL teachers
|1. The United Arab Emirates||US$3,500 – 5,000 per month|
|2. Japan||US$2,200 – 5,000 per month|
|3. Saudi Arabia||US$3,000 – 4,000 per month|
|4. Kuwait||US$2,600 – 4,000 per month|
|5. Oman||US$2,000 – 3,500 per month|